Saturday, February 14, 2009

Highschool...

This was from my Facebook note

I have read some very enlightening notes recently, and they all have gotten me to think a little deeper into where I am in life right now. I really wanted to also write one, but I knew that mine would sound like poop in comparison to theirs. But who's to judge, this is something that has been bothering me for awhile now and I'm just going to throw it out here, no poeticness, fancy words [my writing skills just aren't as fantastic as some of yours so that's my attempt to make an excuse for mine =) ]



Ohhh Good ole' High school. Many seniors at this point are thinking about what they are going to do after they graduate, whether it be finding a college, or even trying to find a career they are really interested in. But right now a lot of us are coming to the realization that we are not going to be here much longer. And although I may not have known you guys since elementary school, or way back when we were in diapers, I have been blessed to have met some great people at [insert school name here], some friends have stuck, some people I just talk to in school, or wave to in the hallway =) I've always been that girl who doesn't really have many friends in her own grade, and is friends with the upperclassmen and the older i got, I became that upper classmen and now I have loads of underclassmen friends which I love.

Yeah..this note isn't going where I planned lol

When I was a youngster, I would always think about how cool the high schoolers are, and how I can't wait to be one of them, and maybe even as cool as them. I would be all shy and bashful when a high school girl would wave at me because I wanted to be just like them. The closer I got to high school, I did grow more mature, but that first day of high school, I remember that I didn't want to be seen as a freshman. I was determined to be myself, but not one of those annoying freshman..I'm not sure how that worked out, but I think that the majority of people around me were doing the same thing.

Now finally being that senior I always waited to be, it seems the incoming classes have changed. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm a senior..idk but here it is. The incoming classes are still acting like they are in junior high. NOT ALL OF THEM, but a lot of them. The little quarrels about who likes who, cute, but when it comes to friendships, high school is different. You don't need to have a third party to tell someone about how you don't like them, or how you are mad that you heard from joe that Mary said Sam was texting you...confused? yes i have no clue what i just said

"High School is supposed to prepare you for college"
we have all heard that..but its not only high school, everyday prepares you for college and the future, you are always going to be in a situation where you might not like someone, and you are going to have to live with that. You might not be able to ignore that person even if you really despise them, but you don't need to be hard on them or keep secrets. I have really realized that it's best to talk to the person you are having a problem with. I mean, who better to talk to about a problem the 2 of you are having, than with each other!

I'm not going to apologize for writing this long note and not making sense (im listening to music so im getting distracted) but I just wanted to say this

Take advantage (or should i say don't take advantage..) of the time you have with the people around you. The people we are so used to seeing everyday, aren't always going to be there. It really is hard to wrap my mind around, but I know I am really going to appreciate the time I have to know all of you =D
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment